Sunday, February 19, 2012

City Girl and a Country Weekend

This weekend I really needed to escape the city and the stress that comes along with it. I needed to go somewhere not expensive and relaxing. So I decided to take a trip to visit my Aunt and Uncle in Pennsylvania. It had been over 20 years since I have seen them last and I felt it was time to pay them a visit. And that was the perfect choice.

So our trip started off pretty interesting. Friday morning while I was getting ready to leave I turned to go grab something out of my packed suitcase. After less than a minute I came back into the bathroom to find this. MG telling me that he is giving himself a bath. Already so independent.

So we drove for 3 hours and arrived at my Aunt and Uncles, ate some homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner, and spent the rest of the evening watching MG feed the dogs all of his snacks.

The next morning my aunt and I decided to go for a run. They have an amazing trail right by their house. So I packed up MG in the jogging stroller and we headed out. The run was so relaxing. We passed by farms full of cows, horses, and fields. The trail had some snow from the previous storm a few days prior. When we finished our run and got back to the street MG and I walked through the corn field next to the highway. 








He was so happy to get out of the stroller and run. His little legs walked a little over half a mile. And he wanted to keep going. These are MG's shoes after our walk.



After we got back, showered, and MG woke-up from his nap, we headed out to feed the local duck population. MG was thrilled, he had never been around so many ducks and geese.


Once we started our trip back home, I convinced my brother to stop at the outlets. We didn't have a lot of time so I picked the Nike store and bought a few cute items and walked out a winner.

Overall an amazing weekend! The run was one of the best I have had in a long time. And it was great having my Aunt as a running buddy and chatting about the last 20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment