Saturday, January 28, 2012

Scream It From The Mountain Tops

I don't know what it is lately, but I want to find a mountain to run and then briefly pause at the summit and scream at the top of my lungs. The stress of graduate school, my cert exams, family sickness, and drama is starting to take a toll. It's been really hard to see a person I deeply love deteriorate. It has also been difficult to deal with family members whose primary motivate is to make me feel bad about myself. To top it off, after 10 years of higher education I just can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Lately, being a mommy to a opinionated toddler has become the easiest part of my life.

By the end of today, I found myself deeply wishing I was Forest Gump, where I could drop everything and just run. I LOVE Fleetwood Mac, so I am sure that my running song would still be "Go your own way". The truth is I wouldn't leave MG, so I would have to go on a cross country running excursion pushing a BOB and carrying a diaper bag. We could be the free spirited running Mommy/Toddler duo. A stressed and overwhelmed woman can dream right?

Since I am sure that my husband would protest a 3 year long run, maybe I need to start looking for a different means to de-stress. I came across a Lululemon article about yoga retreats. I have really started thinking that this might be a good idea, even if it is just for a weekend.

Either way, tomorrow I am going for a long run. I need to feel like I am leaving the stress, that engulfs my life, in the dust. And I just need a really good long run.

On a completely different note a friend of mine had a funny running experience today: 
"I went for a run at the local park track. At the end of my first lap, I smelled smoke and saw a short, older man in front of me with a cigar in his hand. I was about to say something (probably rude and possibly with expletives involved) as I passed, but then I realized it was Dustin Hoffman, so I just waved."
I think I would have stopped to get a picture taken; not pausing my Garmin because I would like to see what my heart rate was while talking to DH compared to my fastest pace during my run.

Be Inspired, Stay Motivated, Run Strong! 

No comments:

Post a Comment