One of my favorite Greek recipes is the simple lemon chicken and potatoes. It's a great source of carbs during running season, and a great cold weather dish.
The recipe will serve 4 people.
What you need:
One whole organic chicken (3 lbs)
Baby potatoes (I like the tricolor) (24 oz)
6 pearl onions
3 small lemons
1/2 a medium orange
Extra virgin olive oil
1: Cut chicken down the center of the chest so it lays flat in a deep roasting dish. Cut off excessive skin and neck.
2. Wash baby potatoes, then cut in half (do not remove skin, since it provides a great amount of nutrients)
3. Peel pearl onions and cut into fourths
4. Add potatoes around chicken, then place onions over potatoes
5. Then drizzle extra virgin olive oil over chicken and potatoes, then rub olive oil all over the chicken so it doesn't puddle.
6. Juice lemons and orange. Make sure that you don't get any seeds or pulp into the juice. Then pour over chicken and potatoes.
7. Then take two pinches of dried oregano and sprinkle chicken and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 2 hours, uncovered. Oven may vary, check chicken before removing. Once finished serve warm with a delicious tomato salad!
Be Inspired, Stay Motivated, Run Strong!