Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Just one of those days

Today was one of those days that I counted down the minutes for my son to fall asleep. He's been sick for the past week(ish) with a runny nose. Nothing is worse than a toddler that doesn't feel well. Last night he went to bed at 11:00 pm and was up at 4:00 am. To top it off, I had the worse migraine I have had in years. And for some odd reason my toes and fingers were so swollen that I had to take off my wedding ring and elevate my feet.

Today dragged on and as of now, 10:44 pm, I have finally received a moment for myself. No running today, no gym, no in-home workout, no bathroom break without a tiny voice going "pee-pee Mommy?". So instead of reading up on the Zone of Proximal Development and scaffolding for tomorrow's work, I decided to take a moment and blog instead :)

It took me every ounce of my being to stay awake long enough to cook dinner. Between the tantrums, meltdowns, explosive diapers, bruises, and the 27 spoons I have had to wash (MG loves to take spoons out of the silverware drawer then hide them around the house), I managed to find some happy moments that helped me get through this never ending day.

Happy Mother/Runner Moments:
Santa PJ pants and MM tee
#5: Registering for the Historic Half Marathon in DC.
#4: All the awesome giveaways going on right now at several different running blogs
     - Sparkly Soul Headbands @ WorkOutMommy 
     - Race Medal Racks @ AnotherMotherRunner
     - Ultra Immune @ RunningWithSass
     - Running Swag @ RunnersWorld
     - Ink Burn Gear @ RunToTheFinish
     - View Sport Shirt @ MissZippy
     - MyRaceRagz @ RunningTowardsThePrize
#3: Chasing MG through the house while I rode his big wheel (it broke in the end, but it was fun while it lasted).
#2: Figuring out where MG has begun hiding his food (underneath his bottle... the bottom is indented in)
#1: MG reaching the point in his development where he picks out his own clothes (today it was Santa pj pants and a Mickey Mouse T-shirt) and there was no convincing him otherwise.



Be Inspired, Stay Motivated, Run Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment